- The style book refers to the Great Recession, which they consider to be the 2007-2008 economic crisis that was the worst since the early 1900s.
- Other terms that they added are: Bluetooth, Blu-ray, bondholder, hard line, Taser and thumbs-up.
- The social media section in the style book includes over 42 terms relating to Facebook and Twitter.
- Includes information on how to use tools on such social media sites.
- Changes have been made to certain cities that previously appeared without the countries to which they belonged: Bogota, Columbia; Copenhagen, Denmark; Frankfurt and Hamburg, Germany; Kabul, Afganistan; and Oslo, Norway.
- Another cool thing about the updated style book is that it's available on iPhones and iPads for fast and convenient usage.
These are all the style changes that I found interesting. I'm sure there are plenty more but these relate most to my life. I'm glad they finally decided to include the social media terms as they have become so prevalent in today's youth and society.