Thursday, September 9, 2010

AP STYLE BOOK

Well, the AP style book is finally becoming a little more up to date with the recent changes.  For one, they are including the definition for POS, which I find a little strange and inappropriate for a school book.  Also, they are changing the word "Web Site" to "website."  I like this change because I always spelled it website and was always surprised when I was corrected on it. My favorite changes are the ones that include social media terms.  They are including terms like "app," blog," "trending," "friend," "unfriend," "wiki," and "metadata."  These changes were necessary because college students in this day & age are so familiar with the terms that it was time for the official style book to also become familiar and recognize them as legit terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment